Orange cantaloupe or Charentais melon look spectacular in this salad. Or try a mixture of ogen, cantaloupe and water melon.
6 ounce pasta shapes
2 cups frozen shrimps, thawed and drained
1 large or 2 small melons
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp tarragon vinegar
2 tbsp snipped fresh chives or chopped parsley
herb sprigs, to garnish
shredded Chinese leaves, to serve
1. Cook the pasta in boiling salted water according to the instructions on the packet. Drain well and allow to cool.
2. Peel the shrimps and discard the shells.
3. Halve the melon(s) and remove the seeds with a teaspoon. Scoop the flesh into balls with a melon bailer and mix with the shrimps and pasta.
4. Whisk the oil, vinegar and chopped herbs together. Pour on to the prawn mixture and turn to coat. Cover and chill for at least 30 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, shred the Chinese leaves and use to line a shallow bowl or the empty melon shells. Pile the prawn mixture on to the Chinese leaves and garnish with herb sprigs.