Any cooked meat would look attractive served this way under jelly and garnished with cooked vegetables or salad.
Try, for example, sliced turkey with asparagus spears; pork with slices of beet; red eating apples dipped in lemon juice, or beef with artichoke hearts, watercress and tomato wedges.
1/2 ounce gelatine
1 1/2 cups rich meat stock
juice of 1/2 lemon
salt and pepper
8 thin slices cold lamb
2 hard-boiled eggs
3 young cooked carrots
3/8 cup cooked fresh peas
1. Put the gelatine into the stock.
2. Stir over a very low heat until dissolved.
3. Add the lemon juice and leave to get cold but do not allow to set.
4. Arrange the lamb in a dish and slice the eggs and the carrots and put over the meat.
5. Scatter the peas over the lamb, then pour the jelly over. Leave to set.
6. Serve with a green salad.
33 users have helped to rate this recipe.