Cooking time: about 70 minutes
Make a change in the family menu and save a little money by serving marrow or squash with nutty stuffing as a meatless main dish.
1 medium-sized marrow (squash)
2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
1 cup nuts, finely chopped
1/4 cup oil
3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
1 small onion, grated
grated rind and juice of 1/2 lemon
1 medium-sized egg
1. Heat the oven to 200°C (400°F) Cut a lid from the length of the marrow (squash) and scoop out the seeds.
2. Parboil the marrow in boiling water for 5 minutes. Drain and pat dry with absorbent paper.
3. Combine the remaining ingredients and use to stuff the marrow.
4. Replace the lid. Put the marrow in a greased baking dish and cover with foil.
5. Bake for 3/4 - 1 hour or until tender.