Cooking time: 30 - 40 minutes
1/2 pound raspberries
2 egg yolks
pinch of salt
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon flour
4 egg whites
1/4 cup fine sugar
2 tablespoons butter
1. First make the sauce. Sieve the raspberries, then sweeten the puree to taste with confectioners sugar.
2. Beat the egg yolks in a bowl until they are creamy. Add the vanilla and flour and beat again.
3. Beat the egg whites with the salt until stiff", fold in the sugar, a little at a time, then fold into the yolks.
4. Melt the butter in a frying-pan. Drop heaped spoonfuls of the meringue mixture into the pan and cook for 2 - 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
5. Serve hot with the raspberry sauce.