1 3/4 cups All purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
3/8 cup butter, at room temperature
5/8 cup soured cream
1 pound 2 ounce onions
2 sprigs of fresh thyme
3 - 4 tablespoons olive oil
1 1/4 cups button mushrooms
1/2 pound Greek feta cheese
Salt and black pepper
a few chives
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C (425°F). Sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl, then rub in 3 tablespoons of butter. Add 5 tablespoons of the soured cream - just under half - and mix to a soft dough.
2. Roll out the dough on a floured surface into a circle about 11 inch in diameter, and use it to line a 10 inch loose-based flan or sandwich tin. Trim the edge prick the base, line with greaseproof paper and fill with baking beans or small balls of cooking foil. Bake blind for 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, halve, peel and thinly slice the onions, then rinse and dry the thyme, strip the leaves from the stems and chop them finely Heat the oil in a large skillet, add the onions and thyme and fry over a moderate heat until the onions are soft and golden.
4. Melt the remaining butter in another skillet. Clean and halve the mushrooms and fry until lightly browned, then stir in the rest of the soured cream and keep warm.
5. Remove the paper and baking beans or foil from the flan case, then return it to the oven for a few minutes until the pastry is golden.
6. Rinse, dry and snip the chives. Crumble the feta cheese into the onions. Heat for 1 minute then season to taste. Spoon the mixture into the flan case and spoon the mushrooms over the top. Sprinkle with chives and pepper and serve.