1 sweet potato, peeled and roughly diced
2 carrots, cut into thick diagonal slices
18 - 10 iceberg lettuce leaves
3/4 cup canned chick peas, drained
For the dressing
1 tbsp clear honey
6 tbsp low fat natural yogurt
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
For the garnish
1 tbsp walnuts
1 tbsp Seedless white raisins
1 small onion, cut into rings
1. Place the potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to the boil and cook until soft but not mushy, cover the pan and set aside. Boil the carrots for a few minutes making sure they remain crunchy. Add to the sweet potatoes.
2. Drain the water from the sweet potatoes and carrots, and place together in a bowl.
3. Slice the tops off the tomatoes, then scoop out and discard the seeds. Roughly chop the flesh.
4. Line a glass bowl with the lettuce leaves. Mix together the sweet potatoes, carrots, chick-peas and tomatoes, and place in the bowl.
5. For the dressing, blend together all the ingredients and beat together with a fork.
6. Spoon the dressing over the salad or serve it in a separate bowl, if desired. Garnish the salad with the walnuts, Seedless white raisins and onion rings.