1 3/4 cups All purpose flour
1 teaspoon chilli powder
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon ground paprika
7/8 cup butter, chopped
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 3/4 cups Cheddar, grated
1. Preheat the oven to hot 210°C (415°F). Lightly brush two baking trays with melted butter.
2. Sift the flour, chilli powder, garlic salt and paprika into a large bowl. Rub the butter into the flour with your fingertips until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add the egg and cheese and stir until the mixture comes together.
3. Turn onto a lightly floured surface and gather together into a ball. Cover the dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
4. Roll the dough on a lightly floured surface to 1/8 inch thickness. Cut into shapes with a 2 1/2 inch star-shaped biscuit cutter.
5. Place on the trays, allowing room for spreading. Bake for 12 minutes, or until crisp and golden brown. Leave on the trays for 2 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
71 users have helped to rate this recipe.