makes 1 loaf
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup sunflower oil
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground allspice
1/2 tbsp green cardamoms, seeds removed and crushed
1 cup coarsely grated zucchini
1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F). Grease the base and sides of a 2 pound loaf tin and line with greaseproof paper.
2. Beat the eggs and sugar together and gradually add the oil.
3. Sift the flour into a bowl together with the baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, cinnamon and allspice.
4. Mix into the egg mixture with the rest of the ingredients, reserving 1 tbsp of the sunflower seeds for the top.
5. Spoon into the loaf tin, level off the top, and sprinkle with the reserved sunflower seeds.
6. Bake for about 1 hour or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Leave to cool slightly, then turn out on to a wire cooling rack.